Awards and recognition
Across our companies, we are focused on the fundamentals of our business: world-class reliability, safety, operating efficiency, customer care and financial discipline. These organizations have recognized our accomplishments:
- Arbor Day Foundation – We Energies and Wisconsin Public Service were selected as Tree Line USA utilities. The award, sponsored by the National Arbor Day Foundation, in cooperation with the National Association of State Foresters, recognizes the companies’ efforts in providing dependable, reliable service, while using best-practice vegetation management techniques. The award for utilities has three requirements: a program of quality tree care, annual employee training in quality tree-care practices, and tree planting and public education programs.
- Corporate Responsibility (CR) Magazine – The magazine named WEC Energy Group as one of the 100 best corporate citizens in the United States. In making this selection, CR Magazine considered the company’s approaches to energy and the environment, governance, employee relations, human rights, financial performance, philanthropy and community support.
- Edison Electric Institute – The association presented WEC Energy Group with a special 2018 Emergency Assistance Award for its contributions to the emergency power restoration mission in Puerto Rico following Hurricane Maria.
- Electric Power Research Institute – Multiple WEC Energy Group employees were presented with Technology Transfer Awards for their achievements in research and development. A team of researchers in the Environmental, Power Generation and IT Services departments, Brent Blawat, Jeffrey Noah, Stephen Schueller, Susan Schumacher and Yelena Sidorko, received the award for their project on protecting bats near wind turbines. Kris McKinney, manager – environmental strategy, received the award for his participation in the development of a comprehensive analysis of the Clean Power Plan for the State of Michigan.
- Erie Neighborhood House – The social service agency presented Peoples Gas with the Corporate Leader Award in recognition of the company’s longstanding commitment to community support over more than 165 years in the city of Chicago.
- Milwaukee Habitat for Humanity – The social service agency presented Peoples Gas with the Corporate Leader Award in recognition of the company’s longstanding commitment to community support over more than 165 years in the city of Chicago
- North Central Minority Supplier Development Council – The council named Jerry Fulmer, vice president – supplier diversity, NCMSDC Advocate of the Year for 2018. This award is presented in recognition of outstanding efforts and initiative to foster minority-owned business development and support NCMSDC goals, programs and events.
- PA Consulting Group – We Energies received the Regional ReliabilityOne Award for outstanding electric reliability performance in the Midwest for the eighth consecutive year. In presenting the award, PA Consulting Group noted We Energies’ industry-leading efforts in providing reliable service in the face of severe weather events.
- USO Wisconsin – The military support organization named We Energies the 2018 Veteran Friendly Workplace of the Year for its efforts to attract, retain and support veterans in the state.
- Wisconsin Way Awards – Chairman and CEO Gale Klappa was presented the CEO of the Year Award by Gov. Scott Walker for his charitable efforts, including the company’s support of Honor Flight, and his commitment to southeastern Wisconsin, particularly in economic development.